About Crest, CA
Crest is a unique, rural mountain community in San Diego County perched on the eastern border of the city of El Cajon, CA and the western border of Alpine, CA.
Originally known as Suncrest and La Cresta from 1928 to the early 1960s, Crest is located at an altitude of 1620 feet above sea level. It wasn't until the 1950s when the elementary school was proposed, the volunteer fire station was built, and a water district established, that folks joined forces to create the single community of Crest, CA.
Today this small community of 2600 residents retains its small town flavor. Residents keep the vibrant community flowing through their volunteer efforts with the Crest Community Association, Crest Fire Safe Council, Kiwanis, the Crestridge Reserve and The Crest News newsletter.
What’s New in Crest?
- San Miguel Fire Protection District – Finance Committee Special Meeting
- Crest Crime Alert
- Have you Signed Up for Crest Emergency Call System?
- August-September 2016 Crest Sun Final Edition
- July 4th Edition of Crest Sun – June-July 2016
- Mother’s Day Brunch in Crest
- Crest Sub-Regional Planning Group Agenda – May 9, 2016
- Cal-Fire Oversight Committee Minutes 01-12-16
- April 11, 2016 Crest Planning Group Agenda
- April-May 2016 Crest Sun Newsletter