About Crest, CA
Crest is a unique, rural mountain community in San Diego County perched on the eastern border of the city of El Cajon, CA and the western border of Alpine, CA.
Originally known as Suncrest and La Cresta from 1928 to the early 1960s, Crest is located at an altitude of 1620 feet above sea level. It wasn't until the 1950s when the elementary school was proposed, the volunteer fire station was built, and a water district established, that folks joined forces to create the single community of Crest, CA.
Today this small community of 2600 residents retains its small town flavor. Residents keep the vibrant community flowing through their volunteer efforts with the Crest Community Association, Crest Fire Safe Council, Kiwanis, and the Crestridge Reserve.
What’s New in Crest?
- A Message from the Crest Fire Safe Council
- July 4th Information
- Fire Evacuation Information
- July 4th Meeting Tonight 5/18/17
- Crest Events and New Crimemapping Alerts
- Crest Crime Log 3-19-17 to 3-30-17
- Crest Subregional Planning Group Meeting Agenda – May 8th
- Zentangle Meditative Art Work Shop at Crest Library Tuesday May 2
- Spaghetti Dinner Night at the Clubhouse – May 4 – 6:30
- Mother’s Day in Crest – All Invited