About Crest, CA
Crest is a unique, rural mountain community in San Diego County perched on the eastern border of the city of El Cajon, CA and the western border of Alpine, CA.
Originally known as Suncrest and La Cresta from 1928 to the early 1960s, Crest is located at an altitude of 1620 feet above sea level. It wasn't until the 1950s when the elementary school was proposed, the volunteer fire station was built, and a water district established, that folks joined forces to create the single community of Crest, CA.
Today this small community of 2600 residents retains its small town flavor. Residents keep the vibrant community flowing through their volunteer efforts with the Crest Community Association, Crest Fire Safe Council, Kiwanis, and the Crestridge Reserve.
What’s New in Crest?
- Crest Housing Market Update
- Crest Community Meeting Regarding Vandalism Thursday 3/23 7:30
- Crest Update 3/18/2017 -CrimeMapping, SMFPD News, Crest Library Event
- Crest Rain News February 27, 2017
- February 23 Crest Community News Update
- News Update from The Crest Sun 2-8-2017
- Crest Sun News 1-3-2017 – Happy New Year
- Crest Update: Santa and San Miguel Fire Protection Agenda and Minutes
- December 5 update – Santa Night and Crest Planning Group Preliminary Agenda
- Crest News Update Sunday, 11/13/2016